COVID-19 Pandemic Update
ANZSBT has curated a set of resources on the COVID-19 pandemic. These resources are up-to-date at time of publication, however the situation is changing rapidly and you should ensure that any information you use is up-to-date.
Blood Service, Hospital and Transfusion Medicine Resources
Australian Red Cross Lifeblood:
– Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and safety and sufficiency of the blood supply (health professional information)
– Novel Coronavirus Update (donor information)
New Zealand Blood Service:
– Important information for Blood Donors regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Asia Pacific Blood Network:
– Rapid Brief White Paper 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2); Expected challenges and risks to blood safety
– Resources on the COVID-19 Outbreak; includes webinars, forums and links.
– ISBT App
Download here for iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/isbt/id1232258008
Download here for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.conferences.isbt&hl=es_419
– Coronavirus Resources. Tips for Hospitals: Extending the Blood Supply, and a Statement on Coronavirus and Blood Donation
World Health Organisation (WHO):
– Protecting the Blood Supply During Infectious Disease Outbreaks. Guidance for National Blood Services
NHS Blood and Transplant:
– Information and Updates to Help Clinical and Laboratory Staff Manage the Impact of COVID-19
Treating haematology and oncology patients
- American Society for Hematology (ASH) COVID-19 Resources
- British Society for Haematology (BSH) COVID-19 Resources hub
- Weinkove R, McQuilten Z, Adler J, Agar M, Blyth E, Cheng A, et al. Managing haematology and oncology patients during the COVID-19 pandemic: interim consensus guidance. Med J Aust. First published online 20 March 2020.
- Willan J, King AJ, Hayes S, Collins GP, Peniket A. Care of haematology patients in a COVID‐19 epidemic. Br J Haematol. First published online 15 March 2020.
- Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert
- Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA): National Guidelines for Public Health Units: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- New Zealand Ministry of Health COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
- John Hopkins University & Medicine: Coronavirus Resource Centre