Requirements for membership
Requirements for membership
A person is eligible for membership of the Society as a ‘Member’ if they:
- demonstrate an interest in transfusion related activities, demonstrated by past experience or present involvement
- subscribe to the vision and mission of the Society
- abide by the rules of the Society
For Council to assess applications under Clause (a), your CV should contain information on the extent of personal involvement in:
- the clinical or laboratory practice of transfusion medicine and/or immunohaematology
- or scientific and/or administrative responsibilities within a blood service provider, blood product manufacturer or government department dealing with blood or transfusion related matters
- or research in the field of transfusion medicine
- or any other occupational involvement relevant to the field of blood transfusion
Please indicate, if relevant, the extent of personal contribution to papers, publications and other aspects relevant to the discipline.
A person shall be eligible for Concessional membership of the Association if they demonstrate that they are:
- a resident in a resource poor country
- a full-time student, proof of enrolment is required
- retired from remunerated work in the field
Concessional members are not eligible to vote at any General Meeting.
Election of Members
Applications for membership or concessional membership of the Society will be considered by the ANZSBT Council. This will include consideration of the candidate’s qualifications and interest in the field of transfusion medicine. They may be declared an elected member or a concessional member of the Society by a majority vote of the Council.
Benefits of membership
ANZSBT membership offers the following benefits:
- Annual Scientific Meeting (BLOOD) registration fee discount
- Eligibility to apply for ANZSBT Awards and Grants
- Opportunity to network, communicate and collaborate with colleagues to promote best practice in transfusion science and medicine. This includes nomination to Council and Standing Committees
- Members only online content including free full text access to online transfusion journals; ISBT Academy ePortal; posters and videos of keynote speakers from the BLOOD meeting; and access to National Blood Transfusion Committee papers
- AIMS APACE programme certification discount
Annual ANZSBT membership fees are listed below.
Fees become due on 1 July each year and to retain membership benefits must be paid by 31 July.
MEMBER: AUD $110.00
CONCESSIONAL MEMBER: AUD $44.00
*NOTE: Australian membership fees include 10% GST
ORDINARY MEMBER (INTERNATIONAL): $100
CONCESSIONAL MEMBER (INTERNATIONAL): $40
**NOTE: To be eligible for international rates you must be able to show that you either live permanently overseas or if living in Australia are considered a non-resident for tax purposes (see ATO website)
Online payment terms and conditions
Payment taken is for annual membership of the Australian & New Zealand Society of Blood Transfusion – trading as ANZSBT – for the period 1 July to 30 June.
All membership applications must be approved by ANZSBT. A full refund will be provided in the event that the application is declined.
Once your application has been approved, membership fees are non-refundable.
All transactions will be processed in Australian Dollars.