Requirements for membership
Requirements for membership
A person is eligible for membership of the Society as a ‘Member’ if they:
- demonstrate an interest in transfusion related activities, demonstrated by past experience or present involvement
- subscribe to the vision and mission of the Society
- abide by the rules of the Society
For Council to assess applications under Clause (a), your CV should contain information on the extent of personal involvement in:
- the clinical or laboratory practice of transfusion medicine and/or immunohaematology
- or scientific and/or administrative responsibilities within a blood service provider, blood product manufacturer or government department dealing with blood or transfusion related matters
- or research in the field of transfusion medicine
- or any other occupational involvement relevant to the field of blood transfusion
Please indicate, if relevant, the extent of personal contribution to papers, publications and other aspects relevant to the discipline.
A person shall be eligible for Concessional membership of the Association if they demonstrate that they are:
- a resident in a resource poor country
- a student, proof of enrolment is required
- retired from remunerated work in the field
Concessional members are not eligible to vote at any General Meeting.
Election of Members
Candidates for membership or concessional membership of the Society shall be proposed and seconded by current financial members of the Society.
After consideration of the candidate’s qualifications and interest in the field of transfusion medicine, they may be declared an elected member or a concessional member of the Society by a majority vote of the Council.
Note: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance finding current financial members to propose and/or second your application.
Benefits of membership
ANZSBT membership offers the following benefits:
- Annual Scientific Meeting (BLOOD) registration fee discount and free registration for the inaugural Transfusion Practitioner Study Day
- Eligibility to apply for ANZSBT Awards and Grants
- Opportunity to network, communicate and collaborate with colleagues to promote best practice in transfusion science and medicine. This includes nomination to Council, Standing Committees and/or participation in the Transfusion Professionals Network.
- Members only online content including free full text access to online transfusion journals; ISBT Academy ePortal; posters and videos of keynote speakers from Blood 2018; and National Blood Transfusion Committee papers.
Annual ANZSBT membership fees are listed below. Fees are due by 1 July each year.
MEMBER: AUD $100.00
CONCESSIONAL MEMBER: AUD $40.00
- If you are resident in Australia, you will need to add 10% GST.
- For Member and Concessional membership categories, a fee equal to the current annual rate is payable if your membership lapses for 2 years. In addition you must rejoin the society and pay the current fee.
Online payment terms and conditions
Payment taken is for annual membership of the Australian & New Zealand Society of Blood Transfusion – trading as ANZSBT – for the period 1 July to 30 June.
All membership applications must be approved by ANZSBT. A full refund will be provided in the event that the application is declined.
Once your application has been approved, membership fees are non-refundable.
All transactions will be processed in Australian Dollars.