RACP Congress 2020
Register now for the RACP Congress 2020 taking place from Monday, 4 to Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
RACP Congress 2019 brings together physicians from Australasia to exchange ideas, ask the tough questions, discuss concerns and develop solutions to enhance healthcare for all.
This year RACP Congress theme is Balancing medical science with humanity, Congress 2020 will explore what it is to be good medical citizens in this rapidly changing world and how retaining humanity and empathy makes physicians and paediatricians better scientists; for their patients and for each other.
Some of the key topics for 2020 include:
- Global health security- a look at our capacity to respond to global health issues and crises
- John Snow scholarship presentations, where medical students present work related to public health
- Populism and public health workshop, which explores case studies of climate change and migrant health
- Professor Des Gorman presenting the Cottrell Memorial Oration on Toward universal healthcare.
- Transitions: exploring the impact of transfers from paediatrics to adult medicine and the responsibility when transitions in care occur
- Emerging role of microbiome: how it influences human health and disease
- Healthy futures / health cities: climate change, digital existence, ageing, complexity, vulnerability and loneliness are new issues to deal with
- Genomics: how the application of this rapidly evolving multidisciplinary field will become increasingly important from both individual disease and the broader societal perspectives
To view the program and to register visit the Congress website.